Ever wanted to watch a video wether it be a tv recording or this podcast on your iPod but didn’t know how to convert it to a format that’s compatible with the iPod? Have no fear Format Factory is here and in this tutorial I will teach you how to convert that video to an iPod compatible format using Format Factory then syncing said converted video to the iPod using iTunes.
- either a mac running bootcamp or a virtual machine or a windows machine
- Format Factory
- First you’ll need to obtain a video to convert to ipod that is either on your mac running windows or your pc running windows.
- Then open up Format Factory and open the video you want to convert.
- Once you do that select the video then select the format that best suits your iPod.
- As mentioned in the DVD Backup Tutorial click convert and go get something to drink.
- Once the video is done converting open up iTunes.
- Do one of the following:
- go to the file menu select Add File To Library and navigate to the folder where the file is stored
- simply drag the file into iTunes and if you have Keep Media folder organized and Copy files to media folder when adding to library checked iTunes will automatically copy the video into the media folder and organize it into the appropriate folder.
- Once you have the converted video in iTunes attach your iPod to either your windows machine or a mac running windows on bootcamp or virtualizing windows.
And there you have it. Your very own video to iPod conversion and sync system using Format Factory and iTunes in windows. This can work with any video you want to convert to iPod. Try it on any videos you plan on doing whether you’re a podcaster like me or a filmmaker this tutorial will work for anyone.