House bloopers and behind the scenes-YouTube
Have you ever wanted to keep a personal recording of your favorite tv shows just so you can throw yourself a marathon on your iPod? In this tutorial I will teach how to record your favorite tv shows using the eyetv hybrid with TeraTech home media, convert that recording to iPod using format factory then sync that recording to your iPod using iTunes.
- Eyetv hybrid 2010.
- set top box or any video source
- Any up to date windows machine you have.
- TeraTech Home Media.
- Format Factory.
This tutorial teaches you how to record tv shows for personal use.
- Connect the Eyetv hybrid to the windows machine that you own.
- Connect the Eyetv hybrid to any video source be it satelite cable or antenna.
- To setup a recording in the main window of TeraTech Home Cinema click on the recordings link and select new.
- Set the time for the start of the show, then set the time for the end of the show.
- Click done and the recording will be added to the recording schedule.
- Wait until your recording is done, depending if your computer cooperates with you and the length of the show.
- When your recording is done open up Format Factory.
- In Format Factory go to the video tab and select all to mobile device.
- Select the device appropriate for your recording then click ok.
- In the next dialogue click add file then navigate and navigate to where TeraTech Home Cinema stuck your recording.
- Click OK.
- Back in the main window select the file you added earlier and click start to start the conversion process.
- Once it’s done converting which will take awhile open up iTunes then add the tv show you recorded and converted earlier.
- Attach your ipod to your computer and wait for iTunes to do it’s thing.
- Test out your recording to see if it worked.
There you have it your own recording(for personal use of course), converting and syncing system. You can use this to record the TV shows you’re into.
Ever wanted to watch a video wether it be a tv recording or this podcast on your iPod but didn’t know how to convert it to a format that’s compatible with the iPod? Have no fear Format Factory is here and in this tutorial I will teach you how to convert that video to an iPod compatible format using Format Factory then syncing said converted video to the iPod using iTunes.
- either a mac running bootcamp or a virtual machine or a windows machine
- Format Factory
- First you’ll need to obtain a video to convert to ipod that is either on your mac running windows or your pc running windows.
- Then open up Format Factory and open the video you want to convert.
- Once you do that select the video then select the format that best suits your iPod.
- As mentioned in the DVD Backup Tutorial click convert and go get something to drink.
- Once the video is done converting open up iTunes.
- Do one of the following:
- go to the file menu select Add File To Library and navigate to the folder where the file is stored
- simply drag the file into iTunes and if you have Keep Media folder organized and Copy files to media folder when adding to library checked iTunes will automatically copy the video into the media folder and organize it into the appropriate folder.
- Once you have the converted video in iTunes attach your iPod to either your windows machine or a mac running windows on bootcamp or virtualizing windows.
And there you have it. Your very own video to iPod conversion and sync system using Format Factory and iTunes in windows. This can work with any video you want to convert to iPod. Try it on any videos you plan on doing whether you’re a podcaster like me or a filmmaker this tutorial will work for anyone.
Some fireworks 1
a DVD of your choice like The Avengers
A mac machine
difficulty: very straight forward
This tutorial is for dvd backup and syncing to your apple device for later personal use
Insert a DVD you want to backup and sync to your ipod/ipad
Open up MakeMKV open the source disk select the title to backup and start the backup
open up handbrake select the file you created previously and select the device to convert for.
Click convert and just go get something to drink.
Once your dvd is done converting to the specified apple devices file format, open up itunes and add the newly converted video file to your library.
to sync the video as a TV show you’ll have to change it’s media kind to TV show, but if you’re syncing a movie leave it as a movie.
To sync the TV show/movie you backed up simply connect your ipod/ipad to your mac and itunes will go though the steps of syncing your ipod/ipad from prepping it for syncing to actually syncing it
There you have it your very own DVD backup and ipod/ipad syncing system.